Science Technician & Learning Support Assistant
The Stockwood Park Academy have an excellent opportunity for a Science Technician & Learning Support Assistant. Joining a department of 12 with an excellent blend of experienced and new. The purpose of this role is to support students and staff in Science; both in the prompt delivery of equipment for practical experiments as well as in class support for students. The successful candidate will have a timetable that consists of 50% time supporting in the Science classroom. This would suit an individual who has aspirations of Science teaching or laboratory work. You are not expected to have prior experience in this field as full training will be given. If you want to support young learners in developing their skills, knowledge and passion in science, the Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered. You will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your needs.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Stockwood Park Academy!
Provide and prepare all equipment, chemicals and specimens for practical sessions and examinations
Advise and support teaching staff in the safe and proper use of equipment and contribute to demonstrations as required.
Contribute to the maintenance of the laboratories and equipment in a clean, safe and tidy condition at all times and assist with the racking, storage and control of stock
Under the direction of the Senior Technician, carry out minor repairs to equipment.
· Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills (minimum of Grade C in GCSE’s or equivalent)
· Be able to take part in training and liaise with a wide range of people including teachers, parents, carers, students and pastoral team
· Be able to listen to the direction of the class teacher, follow agreed lesson plans and use support strategies appropriate to the needs of students.
· Be able to prepare, maintain and deploy appropriate learning aids, materials and equipment.
· Be able to contribute significantly to the planning of teaching and learning for the whole class and/or individual students
· Be able to contribute to the care, health and welfare of students in accordance with the school’s health and safety and related policies
The successful candidate will have
Some experience in the care and / or education of children
School experience and use of SIMS preferable
Willingness to learn and the ability to develop good working relationships.
Excellent communication and great team-working skills with a willing attitude
GCSEs Math’s and English
Be keen on supporting students in class, within Science
Start date 4th October 2021
Salary NJC L3 6-8 £19,698-£20,493 dependent on experience actual pro rata salary £16,970-£17,655
Job Role Permanent, Full time, Term time and 5 INSET days Monday to Thursday 8am-4pm, Friday 8am-3.30pm
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
The Stockwood Park Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to The Stockwood Park Academy, part of The Shared Learning Trust.
With a new Head of School, Mumin Humayun, this is an exciting time to join The Stockwood Park Academy Teaching Team. Your colleagues are friendly, highly e...