This is a fantastic opportunity for a suitably skilled and knowledgeable Science Technician to join a well-motivated and successful team within our highly successful Science Department.
Applicants should have a minimum qualification of a Science Degree or equivalent. Specific experience within a school/university setting, is highly desirable. We would prefer candidates to have excellent Science GCSEs and A-Levels and show aptitude across all three science disciplines.
This role is ideal for those seeking to join a highly successful school and work closely with our superb Head of Department who will directly line manage you in this role.
This school is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ school and an exciting place to work.
The school is a Church of England School
The school is part of the Russell Education Trust
Our Science results regularly place us in the top 5-10% of schools nationally.
The school offers free on-site parking and a childcare voucher scheme.
Duties/responsibilities include the following;
* Prepare equipment and chemicals before lessons
* Maintain the stock, labs and apparatus for classes to use
* Liaise with teaching staff to discuss equipment requirements
* Run trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrate techniques for experiments to staff
* Maintain and repair equipment and laboratory apparatus
* Assist with the record keeping of teaching staff
* Ensure that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals and other materials are appropriately stored
* Help maintain a list of equipment and resources
* Support the work of teachers in class and laboratory sessions
* Deliver demonstrations to students, in conjunction with teaching staff
* Give technical advice to students
* Work with individual students and support them on research projects
* Ensure that all health and safety procedures are understood and followed correctly
* Line manage other technicians
The basic working format of this role is full-time, Monday to Friday starting at 8am. It is a term-time position; however, we will discuss some holiday working with the successful candidate.
Candidates will need to be proactive, organised, tidy and a good communicator. The ideal applicants will have a strong track record of being responsible and diligent with an eye for detail.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and to equality of opportunity. Enhanced DBS clearance will be required. CVs alone will not be accepted. Appointment via an agency invitation will be reflected in the salary arrangements.