École Jeannine Manuel, in the heart of Bloomsbury, London, is now recruiting a Science Technician to start immediately.
We are a 3-18 co-educational independent bilingual French international day school with both French and IB Diploma Programme tracks in Sixth Form. Our Paris sister school and namesake has been ranked first in France for the last five years.
Duties will include maintenance and stocktaking of laboratory equipment, preparation of experiments for classes, including measuring of chemicals, slide preparation, and laying out of equipment.
The successful candidate may also be expected to assist in the classroom where classroom demonstrations are required, therefore a passion for the sciences, and for working with young people, is a requirement.
In addition to the role of Lab Technician, you will be required to occasionally accompany pupils to P.E. lessons as well as monitor them between classes and in the classroom when needed.
Please note the following requirements prior to applying for this position:
- Good spoken and written English;
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry;
- Professional laboratory experience, and experience working in schools is preferred;
- Experience with an IB curriculum is an advantage.
In addition to competitive salaries and pay progression, Ecole Jeannine Manuel UK offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Access to a Private Medical Insurance (80% cost cover by the School)
- Generous pension schemes
- Free Income Protection and Life Cover
- Travel Card Loan
- Access to Gym Membership (the School cover 80% of the Gym Membership - at the local YMCA)
- Tech Scheme and Cycle Scheme
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. A DBS disclosure is required to Enhanced level.
Charity No: 1158643.
Ecole Jeannine Manuel
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 16 years