Required to start September 2018
35 hours per week, Term Time only including INSET plus 2 weeks in holidays
Actual Salary £17,463 per annum
We are looking to appoint an able, skilled and versatile Science Technician to support a team of teachers and science technicians across the three Sciences, including GCSE and A level preparation. Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
You will need to have:
- the expertise necessary to fulfil the role
- excellent organisational skills,
- be able to use their own initiative
- be resourceful, flexible and approachable
- have excellent attention to detail and quality
- possess good communication skills.
Hours of work:
- 5 days a week 8.30am - 4.30pm (35 hours per week)
- Term time only, including 5 INSET days throughout the year and 10 extra days to be worked in the holiday period
In your supporting statement, please include the following points:
- Your relevant experience to date
- How you meet the requirements of the person specification and the responsibilities outlined in the Job Description
- What you can offer Farringtons School
The closing date for applications is Friday 18th May 2018
Interviews to be held the following week
The school reserves the right to appoint before the closing date, so early applications are advised.
Further information and an application pack are available on the School website: www.farringtons.org.uk
Farringtons School is set in 25 acres of beautiful grounds close to London. We provide an excellent academic and supportive day and boarding environment for girls and boys age 3 -18. The School is a member of MIST (Methodist Independent Schools Trust) The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure & Barring Service.