Inspire their Remarkable
The hours of work are 37 per week (flexible), term time plus five non-student days plus one week holiday working). There are two compulsory induction training sessions for all new starters which take place on Mondays from 315-430pm.
Maltings Academy is graded ‘Outstanding’ and has a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike. Staff benefits include a Health Cash Plan and Local Government Pension Scheme. Staff also receive a discount at Witham Leisure Centre.
The Science Technician team consists of four full time staff supporting the Science Teaching Team across Maltings Academy and New Rickstones Academy (also in Witham) - one Senior Science Technician, one Assistant Senior Science Technician and two Science Technicians.
The successful candidates will have:
- Level 3 Science qualification (A Level or equivalent)
- Experience in a Science-related role
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including COSHH and ESCC regulations in relation to the safe handling and storage of chemicals
- Knowledge of safe working practices in relation to the handling and usage of hazardous equipment and tools
- Excellent IT Skills
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8-4 and Friday 8-330pm, term time plus five non-student days plus one week holiday working). There are two compulsory induction training sessions for all new starters which take place on Mondays from 315-430pm.
This position is initially based at New Rickstones Academy. However, as we work closely with Maltings Academy (also in Witham), all new contracts are to work across both academies. The position is due to start on 3 September or as soon as possible after this date.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for applicants who have a degree (or are studying for a degree), as you will gain experience to potentially develop a career within teaching. Two of our previous Science Technicians have progressed to our School Direct Teacher Training programme.
Please contact Nicky Giles, Senior Science Technician, for an informal discussion about the post or to arrange a visit to the academy - email@example.com
Candidates are advised to carefully consider the Supporting Statement section of the application form, explaining clearly how they meet the requirements of the person specification.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Sunday 15 September 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the 'apply button'.