ST HELENA SCHOOL
Pay Range: Local Government Band 2 (to midpoint)
Actual Salary from £15,729
37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Start Date: 1st December 2019
We are seeking an outstanding individual to provide full technician support to the Science teaching staff, particularly in the preparation and cleaning/clearing of lesson materials.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the efficient preparation and organisation of equipment for lessons as requested on the daily 'Apparatus Request Sheet' (primarily physics lessons, but also biology and chemistry lessons as necessary).
• Cleaning equipment and laboratories after each lesson and any chemical spillages when they occur.
• Organising, storing and checking the condition of chemicals and equipment, including radioactive sources.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
● A good standard of education.
● A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself.
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme
This post is 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days and 1 week during school closure periods), however, we are willing to consider applications from people who are able to work fewer hours per week.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com quoting reference 185. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Friday 18th October 2019.
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 21st October 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.