THE STANWAY SCHOOL
Pay Range: Local Government Band 4 £19,698- £20,092 (Point 6 – 7)
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking an outstanding individual to provide full technician support to teaching staff, with particular regard to the preparation and clearing of lesson materials, in particular relating to Biology & Chemistry.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing, setting up and checking the apparatus, materials and chemicals for
- practical work.
- Assisting with the preparation and demonstration of KS3 and KS4 lessons.
- Clear equipment at the end of practical sessions and ensure that laboratories are safe for the following lesson. This would include wiping down benches and checking sinks where necessary.
- Ensure safe use and storage of laboratory equipment.
- Undertake maintenance and repairs of general equipment
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- Minimum of Level 2 qualification in Biology & Chemistry
- Knowledge of COSHH and CLEAPSS guidelines.
- Experience of working in laboratory environment.
- Full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School?
We can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days), however, we are willing to consider applications from people who are able to work fewer hours per week.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV’s and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midday Friday 24th September 2021
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 27th September
Interviewing date TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Stanway School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Every student matters at The Stanway School. To be part of our staff community is to accept challenge as a daily experience, promote kindness as an integral part of developing young people’s personalities and to celebrate success for all. These form ...