Salary – £17K to £19K
Work pattern – 40 Hrs per week, Term Time Only
Contract – Permanent
Location – Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy, Victoria Park Rd, London E9 7HD
Start date – ASAP
Closing date – 8th May 2017
Interview dates – On going
The Mossbourne Federation’s calm working atmosphere creates well-rounded individuals who excel in the arts, on the sporting field and academically. All learners, regardless of ability, benefit from the innovative and enlightened approaches to teaching and learning within the Academy. The Mossbourne Federation has helped change students’ lives. The Federation’s flagship school, Mossbourne Community Academy, is founded on high expectations and a belief that all students, regardless of background, can have a first-rate education.
The Mossbourne Federation comprises four academies, all within close proximity of each other:
- Mossbourne Community Academy (secondary school);
- Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy (secondary school);
- Mossbourne Parkside Academy (primary school); and
- Mossbourne Riverside Academy (primary school).
Across the four academies operates a Central Services Directorate which supports all the academies delivering services such as estates, facilities, security, ICT, and telecommunications management, together with corporate communications, human resource and finance functions.
What we are looking for:
- An enjoyment and understanding of science to at least A Level standard (or equivalent)
- Ideally have a knowledge of COSHH regulations and CLEAPPS requirements
- Ability to select appropriate apparatus for a task
- Ability to perform simple calculations to make up solutions of known concentration
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with teachers, support staff and technicians
- Ability to make effective and appropriate use of ICT to manage and order stock
- Experience of working in a similar role would be of an advantage
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to work with excellent students and a supportive team throughout the academy
- Comprehensive staff benefits
- The prospect of working for one of the country’s leading academies
- Ambitious working environment
- Professional development
- Friendly and passionate atmosphere.
More information about the post and an online application form can be found on our website: http://www.mossbourne.org/vacancies/. Please note that CV’s or incomplete application forms will not be considered. All other applications will be considered, however, only those that are shortlisted will be contacted. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline.
Please note: Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline
Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.