33 hours per week - 39 weeks (term time only)
Do you have a scientific background or interest, or do you have practical Laboratory Technician experience?
Bohunt School in Liphook is seeking to appoint a Science Technician. Experience is preferable but not essential.
Key Features of the job
The role mainly involves supporting the science department in managing stock and other materials, supporting lesson and preparing equipment and demonstrating experiments to classes.
Some of the typical work activities are as follows:
- liaising with academic staff to discuss timetables, equipment requirements and work plans;
- preparing equipment and chemicals before lessons as requested by the teaching staff
- Record keeping, e.g. for students' practical sessions, tracking methods, results, budgets, etc.
- ensuring that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals, drugs and other materials are appropriately stored;
- Supporting the work of teachers in classes and laboratory sessions and giving technical advice to staff and students.
We are opening a 6th Form from in September 2017. Bohunt School was judged to be Outstanding in all areas in April 2013. Last summer GCSE results placed us in top 15 of non-selective schools nationally. The School is located in attractive, open country on the edge of Liphook (40 miles from London) with easy access to the A3 between Guildford and Portsmouth.