An Outstanding Opportunity
- Hitchin Girls’ School is a successful 11 – 18, friendly, over-subscribed, all ability Academy school rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
- With 1090 students on roll, including a Sixth Form of 260, we are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about education to join us at an exciting time in the development of the school, with new facilities being added and an increase in admission numbers from September 2018.
- In 2016, 87.3% of students achieved 5 or more A*-C grades including English and Maths at GCSE. The new Progress 8 score for the school is 0.61, placing us in the top 5% of schools in the country.
- In 2016 at A Level, over a third (35.2%) of the grades achieved by students were A* and A grades and 87.3% of the grades are A* - C (the highest number of A*- C grades achieved by students in recent years).
We can offer you:
- Excellent professional development and guidance, with a strong CPD programme
- An opportunity to be part of our expanding Teaching Alliance, delivering support and training to colleagues
- Excellent induction, with staff wellbeing as a priority.
- Students who want to achieve their best and be involved in developing their learning.
- Sixth Form teaching as part of the Hitchin Post 16 consortium which includes the 3 secondary schools in the town.
- A school located in the heart of the market town of Hitchin, 30 miles north of London, surrounded by beautiful countryside. We are close to both the M1 and A1M motorways and a few minutes’ walk from the train station with a fast (30 minutes) service to Kings Cross and Cambridge.
- Alongside our impressive 1907 built main school building we are developing new facilities to support 21st century education. A dedicated Sixth Form Centre opened in 2014 containing classrooms and a large study area.
- A new sports centre is under construction for completion in November 2017. This will comprise a four court sports hall, dance studio, fitness suite and classroom.
- Student numbers will increase from September 2018, and to support this we will be building a new 10 classroom teaching block, adding 2 science labs, expanding dining facilities and adding a new staff car park.
- As the lead school of the North Herts. Teaching Alliance, we are now working collaboratively with more than 12 local schools and this number continues to grow.
So, if you want to be part of a school that strives to be exceptional and provide an exceptional experience for all students and all staff, get in touch.
This position is part time, 12 hours per week across 3 afternoons.
To apply, please use the Apply Now button. If you would like a conversation about the post, or would like to visit the school in advance of applying, please contact Georgina Dalton, PA to the Headteacher on 01462 621300 or email@example.com. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.