37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (Term Time plus 10 days)
We are looking for a Science Technician to deliver a first class technical support service to the Kingswood Academy Science Department in the organisation and delivery of the Science Curriculum in the school and to assist the teaching staff in the teaching of all science subjects across Key Stages 3 and 4 as appropriate. The post will require specific qualifications relating in a science orientated subject. The role of a science technician at Kingswood Academy could be a pathway to other careers within the education system.
The successful candidate will also have:
- The ability to relate well to children and adults
- The ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Good organising, planning and prioritising skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Kingswood Academy Vision
‘Delivering world-class learning, which places no limits on what young people can achieve; a beacon of educational excellence in Hull’
Our vision is to deliver world class learning, which places no limits on what young people can achieve; and we are rapidly becoming a beacon of educational excellence in Hull. It is our mission to ensure that every one of our students is equipped with the skills, qualifications and attributes needed to live a happy and successful life in the 21st Century.
Underpinning our vision for educational excellence are our 6 key drivers: the highest expectations, never give up, everyone is valued, value feedback, no excuses and outstanding learning. These aspirational and inspirational principles, were jointly created by students and staff to drive the Academy forward. At Kingswood Academy we live and breathe these key drivers and are absolutely passionate and determined to ensure that our students receive the very best education. We will not settle for anything but the best.
We welcome visits to the academy, to see the school in action and to discuss this post and your career development opportunities. To book an appointment with the Headteacher please email Cathrine Weightman (PA to the Headteacher) on email@example.com
To find out more about or academy please visit our website
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Thursday 21 November 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.