Under the overall control of the Curriculum Lead for Science, to co-ordinate the use of practical resources and facilities, and provide assistance and advice in meeting the practical needs of the Science curriculum, including liaising with teaching staff and support staff both inside and outside of the department.
Your main responsibilities within this role will be:
1. To assist curriculum leaders and teachers to deliver successful practical lessons in accordance with agreed work programmes to KS3 & KS4 students
2. Demonstrate and assist in the safe and effective use of equipment/materials
3. To maintain all the necessary equipment and consumable resources to deliver practical lessons, assessments and experiments as required by the subject lead, in a safe environment
4. Clean and undertake routine maintenance of equipment as needed to ensure it is clean and in good working order
5. To support the subject lead to ensure that all COSHH, LEV, risk management, health and safety policies and procedures and other relevant legislation are met and CLEAPPS the schools’ advisory service is consulted as part of this
6. Use skills/training/experience to support students and act as a role model, supporting self-esteem and independence
7. Actively encouraging students to broaden their knowledge and experience in the subject by organising and leading on extra-curricular clubs and supporting catch up sessions
8. Promoting and ensuring health and safety and good behaviour of students at all times
Further details of the post and application procedure are available on the academy’s website (www.lostockhallacademy.org) or from Michelle Hall, Personnel Manager (01772 646101 / firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will only be accepted using the Academy’s application form, which includes a supporting statement no longer than 2 sides of A4 and details of referees.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20th September 2021 and interviews will be held Thursday 23rd September 2021.
Lostock Hall Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a successful DBS Enhanced Check and other relevant employment checks.
LOSTOCK HALL ACADEMY TRUST, COMPANY NUMBER 07657427, AN EXEMPT CHARITABLE COMPANY REGISTERED WITH THE DfE
Lostock Hall Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years