Full or Part hours per week - 39 weeks (term time only)
Key Features of the job
The role mainly involves supporting the science department in managing stock and other materials, supporting lesson and preparing equipment and demonstrating experiments to classes.
Some of the typical work activities are as follows:
- Liaising with academic staff to discuss timetables, equipment requirements and work plans;
- Preparing equipment and chemicals before lessons as requested by teaching staff
- Record keeping, e.g. for students' practical sessions, tracking methods, results, budgets, etc.
- Ensuring that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals, drugs and other materials are appropriately stored;
- Supporting the work of teachers in classes and laboratory sessions and giving technical advice to staff and students.
We will offer you:
- A supportive learning environment and team to work in.
- The opportunity to make a difference
- Happy and enthusiastic students who want to learn.
- The benefit of being part of a multi-academy trust offering the support of experienced colleagues across our schools and greater opportunities for career progression
- Local Government Pension Scheme
Bohunt School was judged to be Outstanding in all areas in April 2013. Last summer GCSE results placed us in top 15 of non-selective schools nationally. The School is located in attractive, open country on the edge of Liphook (40 miles from London) with easy access to the A3 between Guildford and Portsmouth.
Bohunt Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Please apply via the TES site.
Any other inquiries can be made via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 14 March 2018