A Science Technician is required to join our busy Science department. The successful candidate will work alongside a team of technicians to provide technical support to pupils and staff across the school sites. The role will involve preparing, maintaining, cleaning and storing equipment, materials and chemicals, which are used for demonstration and practical lessons while working in accordance with health and safety guidelines. This post will involve the organisation and care of textbooks and worksheets, and checking that laboratories are adequately stocked.
Experience of working within an educational environment is essential and/or any relevant Physics or Chemistry qualifications would be desirable.
The post will be 35 hours per week, 8.00am-3.30pm (30 mins unpaid break) Monday -Friday, term-time only. This is a fixed-term position until 31st August 2020 (maternity cover).
The candidate will be required to have the following skills and experience:
• Excellent levels of literacy and numeracy;
• High standard of verbal & written communication skills when dealing with colleagues, pupils, parents and visitors;
• Able to work effectively and professionally as part of a team;
• Able to follow instructions and adhere to all school policies;
• Organised and able to work methodically, with attention to detail.
Robert Clack School of Science is one of the most successful schools in the UK and we are expanding to become one of the largest schools in the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious professional to join the dedicated teaching team within our school.
Reasons to join us:-
• Our Pupils: The exemplary behaviour of our pupils is always commented upon by visitors to our school. Our pastoral system is second to none, reinforcing the values and ethos of the school. Pupils understand the importance of mutual respect, compassion for others, discipline, hard work, high expectations and aspirations.
• Success: We are hugely oversubscribed with a large Sixth Form. Our most recent GCSE results are the best the school has ever achieved on the key headline measures. We have achieved record breaking results with our best A Level and BTEC results and top University destinations; a record number of Sixth Form pupils are studying at top Russell Group Universities. Many have progressed to employment via apprenticeships and are employed in a variety of industries.
• Professional Development: We believe in developing and supporting staff and have been recognised for doing so. We have a Silver Award for our CPD from the Teachers’ Development Trust, Investors in People Bronze Award and we were voted the Sunday Times’ Best Public Sector Company ranked first for ‘Leadership’, ‘My Company’ and ‘Personal Growth’.
To view more information about Robert Clack School, please take a look at the school website. If you would like to apply for this position please refer to the Job Description, Person Specification and download the Support Staff Application Form, which is available with the TES. Please submit your completed application form via the TES website or to: email@example.com
CVs only will not be accepted. They will only be accepted if accompanied by a completed application form.
Robert Clack School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful applicants must be willing to undergo identity checks, checks with past employers and an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.