Queen Ethelburga’s is an independent Collegiate of four co-educational schools. Located in North Yorkshire between the towns of York and Harrogate, we offer outstanding facilities and motivated students who join us with a broad range of academic, social and cultural backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being a happy community where students can grow to reach their full potential, both academically and socially. To meet the needs of our students we offer a wide choice of qualifications, a supportive environment and an exciting programme of extra–curricular opportunities, which are underpinned by high quality teaching and learning. The school actively promotes the professional development of its staff through induction, CPD and career development opportunities.
As a thriving day and boarding Collegiate, we have seen our numbers grow year on year, making us one of the largest school communities in the country. Our facilities are enhanced annually to help ensure that we have everything needed to allow our young people ‘to be the best they can with the gifts that they have’ (our Hill Standard).
The post is term time plus 3 weeks and INSET training week - (34 plus 3 weeks plus 4 weeks holiday).
To undertake duties in support of the work of the teaching staff in the science department.
Main role and responsibilities
• Providing support to the science teaching staff
• Preparing equipment ordered by science teachers
• Cleaning and maintenance of science equipment
• Being aware of current requirements with respect to Health and Safety, and keeping up to date with any new developments
• Liaison as required, through subject teachers, Sixth Form students about equipment needed for the internally assessed practical investigations
• Preparation of solutions, specimens and any other equipment for experimental work etc. as required by science staff
• Assistance with preparations for Open Days, and attendance as necessary
• Photocopying and collation of exam papers and worksheets as required for individual lessons.
Closing Date: 22nd November 2019
Interviews : week commencing 25th November 2019
Applications will be assessed on an on-going basis so interested teachers are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Ref STE.
We receive high volumes of applications, due to this if you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, unfortunately on this occasion your application will not have been successful.
Any personal information you share with us on your application form will be used solely for recruitment purposes. Your details will be held for up to 6 months and destroyed after this time.
Please note that this is a non-residential position with no on-site accommodation being offered.