To provide technical support services to the Science Department, including the preparation of materials, setting up of equipment for class practical sessions and maintaining equipment for use.
· Be responsible for supporting teaching staff in the preparation of their lessons, including Health and Safety requirements.
· Deliver and set up equipment in labs and then clear and wash-up after practical lessons.
· Be responsible for keeping science labs and the prep room safe, tidy and well organised.
· Trial practical activities and assist in lessons where required.
· Dispose of waste materials in a safe and secure way.
· Ensure that resources are maintained in a safe condition for both students and staff to be able to use.
· Responsible for ensuring equipment and chemicals are stored in a safe and appropriate manner.
· Participate in the maintenance of satisfactory standards of safety and security in accordance with COSHH regulations, the Health and Safety at Work Act and departmental and school safety policies.
· Organise the use of display space within the department and throughout the school as directed by the Head of Department.
MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES
- Operate relevant equipment/ICT packages (e.g. MS Office, internet, email, photography equipment)
- Maintain and repair the apparatus/ equipment used by the department and report other damages/needs
- Construct items within the department to improve effective use of space and/or delivery of the curriculum
- Maintain tidy and organised work spaces and storage areas
- Maintenance of specialist apparatus/equipment, check apparatus/equipment and ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered to
- Provide advice and guidance to staff, students, parents/carers and others
The duties listed above are not an exhaustive list; employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. The school will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and working environment to enable access to employment for disabled applicants, or for continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition. This job description is current at the date advertised but may, in consultation with you, be changed by the head teacher to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
- Contact us if you would like more information about the school or the position on email@example.com.
- Please also complete the application form and a supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4).
- The deadline for this role is Friday 20 July 2018, however we will candidates to interview on receipt of suitable applications before the deadline, therefore early applications are advised.
· We will interview applicants on receipt of suitable applications.
· We will only interview candidates who provide 2 satisfactory referees as part of our commitment to safer recruitment practices and child safeguarding.
· The interview process will include practical assessment and an interview.
· We will offer feedback to those who are unsuccessful in the interview stages.