Salford College’s vision is to be a beacon of educational excellence transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Science Technician (Physics and Engineering)
Reference Number: SCC171879
Salary: Starting salary £15,176 per annum with incremental progression to £16,756
Pro rata amount of £17,123 to £18,905
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 18th March 2018
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent/ Term Time Only
Hours per Week: 37
The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Science Department and will be responsible for maintaining the physics and engineering resources of the science department, organisation of the laboratories, preparing the materials for and trialing practical work, preparing materials for other lessons as required by the teaching staff and upholding health and safety practices in the laboratory. Experience in supporting electronics will be very beneficial.
It is expected that all technicians will cover for each other in the event of absence and exchange duties with one another, and to perform other college administrative tasks as and when required. They may also be required to work at various college sites as directed.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· Great holiday entitlement, Sixth Form College Association terms and conditions and automatic enrolment into the generous pension scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.