Reference Number: SCC161716A
Salary: Starting salary £15,025 Pro rata amount, £16,953 per annum (Band 8, points 19-23) incremental progression throughout the band is available
Contract Type: Permanent/ Term Time Only
Hours per Week: 37
The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Science Department and will be responsible for maintaining the resources of the science department, organisation of the laboratories, preparing the materials for and trialling practical work, preparing materials for other lessons as required by the teaching staff and upholding health and safety practices in the laboratory.
It is expected that all technicians will cover for each other in the event of absence and exchange duties with one another, and to perform other college administrative tasks as and when required. They may also be required to work at various college sites as directed.
For more information about Salford City College please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Salford City College is highly ambitious and a leading provider in Greater Manchester. It aims to be outstanding in all aspects of its work.
Reason to Join Us
- Great holiday entitlement, Sixth Form College Association terms and conditions and automatic enrolment into the generous pension scheme
- A wide range of learning & career opportunities
- MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
- Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
- We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
- For information on living and working in Salford please visit here
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.
Closing Date: 4th December at midnight
Interview Date: w/c 12th December