We are seeking to appoint a Science Technician to join the College’s Science Department. Full Time (Term Time Only) (37 hours per week, 38 weeks per year)
The Science department is a strong team who work closely together. The successful applicant to this post will support the good work that has already begun to create a genuinely ‘outstanding’ department. She or he will be ambitious to play a role in supporting teaching and learning in Science, ensuring that all of our students enjoy the excellent education that they deserve.
The Spires College is a close community, with a shared desire to be the best we can be. As a School we are committed to the professional development of all staff.
• excellent professional development and a wide range of professional opportunities;
• a high level of support for all new staff;
• the opportunity to work alongside excellent practitioners across the College and beyond;
• an exciting, stimulating place to work in a friendly environment;
• a modern, purpose-built building and excellent facilities.
• Experience of working with laboratory equipment (including handling chemicals safely) subject to COSHH, CLEAPPS and safety regulations;
• preferably have experience of providing technician support to a department or team;
• be approachable, resilient, calm and level headed;
• be enthusiastic about giving young people the best possible start in life;
• be self-motivated and able to prioritise demands;
• have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• be a team player, and be able to contribute to the shared responsibility ethos of our school.
The Spires College is a co-educational, 11-18 School with a bilateral stream. We are a friendly, caring school which puts the needs of our children at the heart of all we do.
For further details about the post including details of how to apply, please visit http://www.thespirescollege.com/about/job-vacancies or contact Nadine Osborne, PA to the Principal: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is midday on 25 November 2019. Interviews will take place week commencing 25 November 2019.