Required: To start September 2017
Salary: Inner London Pay Scale – Highly Competitive
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time – all year round
We seek to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Science Technician to join our thriving and high performing department in September 2017.
We are a World Class School, holding the UCL Holocaust Beacon School Status, and have most recently been awarded a ‘Quality Mark’. We work in effective partnership with several organisations including City in Excellence in Teaching and the East London Teaching School Alliance. With State of the art buildings and facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated professional staff, Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
Science is a highly popular subject at the school, attracting high numbers at A Level. However, we are not complacent - working with a team of passionate and dedicated practitioners, you will contribute to the development of a department that aims to maintain an outstanding reputation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either an experienced or an aspiring technician. You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
“In this high performing school, students make rapid progress and reach high standards in many subjects”
“Leaders and managers at all levels, provide the drive and ambition needed to ensure that this wonderful school continually improves”
(OFSTED, April 2014)
We are looking for professionals with:
- Be supportive in the Faculty of Science
- Engage with staff and plan technical support for lessons
- Have good interpersonal and presentational skills
- Be forward thinking, visionary, receptive to change and able to work under pressure
- Be flexible with working arrangements
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- Outstanding exam results across the federation, with non-core subjects genuinely valued
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of Business Studies at Bishop Challoner, we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please request an application pack from Steven Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact Steven on 02072598770 for further information. Your application is a direct application to Bishop Challoner, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments
Closing Date: 12 noon on Thursday 29th June 2017
You can also visit www.bishopchallonerfederation.towerhamlets.sch.uk for more information.
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Steve Jackson c/o Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of Schools
352 Commercial Road, London, E1 0LB
T: 020 7259 8770