REQUIRED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
37 hours per week – term-time only + 5 days. Grade G5 Point 7-11 – Actual Salary - £17,185-£18,602
Working as part of the College’s Science Department, we are seeking to employ an enthusiastic and proactive technician to provide technical support to teaching staff with the day-to-day activities within the Science Department. This will include resource provision, scientific practical’s, and the use of ICT. Our most recent Ofsted report described us as a “good college” where “Staff are positive about the training, coaching and guidance that they have received from school leaders.” and “Pupils were found to have positive attitudes to learning in their lessons, showing respect towards teachers and their peers.”
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working with laboratory equipment (including handling chemicals safely) subject to COSHH, CLEAPPS and safety regulations;
• Be self-motivated and able to prioritise demands;
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Be a team player who will uphold our College values of Motivation, Commitment and Care.
• A well-resourced, forward thinking and supportive Science team.
• Excellent care and support for all staff.
• Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of our job and person specification and be subject to an enhanced DBS check. A prohibition from teaching check will also be completed for all applicants. Minsthorpe Community College is committed to equality of opportunity and upholding the principles of the Equality Act 2010. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Only applications submitted with a completed Minsthorpe Academy Trust Application Form will be considered.
Full-time permanent employees are provided with free membership of our state of the art on-site Sports & Fitness Centre, as well as the facility of an ‘outstanding’ Children’s Centre.
Further particulars for this post can be obtained by visiting our Web Site at www.minsthorpe.cc
Please send completed application forms to Cath Green, Director of HR & Associate Teams: - email@example.com by midday – Friday 17th September 2021
Minsthorpe Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years