We are seeking an innovative and dynamic teacher with experience of successfully enabling children and young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties to fulfil their potential.
You should be confident in the use of target setting, monitoring and assessment procedures that are an integral part of a professional approach to behaviour management. What's more, you should have a strong empathy with children and young people and a desire to meet their needs. An understanding and awareness of personal and social skills work is also desirable.
About La Mare De Carteret Primary School
The Pod is a specialist educational provision within the school for students with significant social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, many of whom have involvement from other agencies, such as Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), Social Services and the Child, Youth and Community Tribunal.
Our aim is to ensure that the needs of children with SEBD are met and they have opportunities commensurate with their peers and access mainstream provision when appropriate.
The organisational arrangement for teaching will generally be in small group settings of up to six children supported by two Learning Support Assistants.
This post carries a five-year employment permit. If appointed, you can expect to:
- Benefit from the stunning scenery and enviable quality of life;
- Work in a well-resourced school that follows an innovative Bailiwick curriculum based on the English National Curriculum and which has favourable PTRs;
- Be part of a leading development of ICT in education and be allocated a personal laptop;
- Receive a generous relocation package to the island, including rent allowance;
- Enjoy the benefits of more generous tax allowances on an island with no VAT.
How to contact us
For further information about the post, please contact Kim Hutchison, Headteacher on 01481 756140 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be made via: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=59282&company=C0001230059P&username=
Our Recruitment team can be contacted on 01481 747394 and if you would like to register information about future teaching vacancies, please visit www.gov.gg/careers
Closing date: 5th March 2018.
Interview date: 22nd March 2018.