Second in Area: Teacher of History within Humanities
TLR 2.2 [£5 099]
Required to start 1st September 2021
Are you capable of being a leader who can inspire, motivate and lead improvement?
‘Leaders have an accurate view of the strengths of the school and the areas that need to develop further. Planning for improvement is good. Leaders check progress with the plan closely to ensure that actions are having the right impact at the required pace’ Ofsted March 2018
Governors wish to appoint an outstanding and experienced teacher to be Second in Area:
Teacher of History within Humanities
We are looking for a teacher with:
- proven leadership and skills in improving outcomes in KS3 or 4
- a genuine passion for History
- proven skills regarding organisation, communication with staff, students and parents
- a clear understanding of how to raise standards & secure first class teaching and progress
- promoting high achievement and high expectation.
‘New leaders to the school are skilled and ambitious’ Ofsted March 2018
This demanding role is a very exciting opportunity where you can make a difference. Raising the attainment and progress in Humanities is a part of our whole school improvement. This role is a key area for improvement in our transition to good and outstanding.
The school is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For an information pack and application form please go to www.bemrose.derby.sch.uk
Closing date: Wednesday 14th April at noon
Interviews will be concluded by Friday 23rd April 2021
Please apply by letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 explaining how your experience to date has prepared you for this role and how you will develop learning and progress in History, together with a completed Bemrose application form.
Tours are welcomed if candidates wish by prior agreement.
Please note the school is closed for Easter from Monday 29th March to Friday 9th April.
The Bemrose School
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years