Isaac Newton Academy, Redbridge
Interim Principal: Jo Spencer
Second in Charge of Maths
All-through mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. The secondary school has grown, year on year, to become an 11-18 academy of 1250 students with specialist status in mathematics and music. In 2014 the primary phase opened, welcoming 90 reception-aged pupils. This too will expand each year until full in 2020.
In June 2014 and in October 2018, the school was judged to be outstanding in all categories by OFSTED.
A new Second in charge of Maths at Isaac Newton Academy will be a key member of staff.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Have experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment.
· Have up to date knowledge in the maths curriculum, including KS4 and KS5.
· Have experience of successfully teaching GSCE and A Level Mathematics.
· Have the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· play a key role in the evolution of Isaac Newton Academy
· join the Ark network, with comprehensive career and professional development provisions.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.
For an informal, confidential discussion please contact HR on 0208 911 6656 or HR@isaacnewtonacademy.org
Please complete your application by 9am on Friday 6th March 2020.
Location: Ilford, Redbridge
Start date: September 2020
Salary: Ark MPS (£29,064-£41.036) / UPR (£43,078-£46,326) plus TLR 2c £6,829
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.