We are keen to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated 2 i/c of Science to work alongside the Head of Science. The 2 i/c will help drive improvements in Teaching and Learning across the Science Faculty ensuring pupils achieve their targets.
You will have the leadership skills, ideas and drive to support us in developing and implementing the next phase of the school’s development.
We have a full commitment to the highest quality teaching and learning and will expect you to:
• Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential for future development
• Model excellence in the classroom
• Evaluate performance data confidently and identify priorities for continuous improvement
• Work with the Head of Science to lead the Science team to achieve measurable impact
• Communicate effectively and build strong relationships within the whole school community
• Promote high expectations and hold staff to account
Hendon School is an ambitious 'Outstanding' School and can offer:
• Excellent resources
• Excellent support and professional development opportunities
Hendon School is an Outstanding School, recently identified as one of the top 100 non- selective state funded schools in the country. Students not only achieve outstanding exam results but experience an exceptional community programme.
Many students have won local and national awards for their achievements and contributions to society.
We are seeking someone with:
• A passion for teaching and learning
• The ability to motive and inspire the department and students
• The ability to stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment of Science.
• Creative teaching skills and a professional approach.
• High expectations of students
• The determination to raise student achievement
• Team skills.
About the employer:
· Each person equally as an individual who is entitled to be treated with respect at all times.
· The particular abilities, needs and hopes of all our school
· The social, ethnic and religious diversity of Hendon School.
Closing date for applications – Midnight on 18th March 2018.
CVs will not be considered.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
We can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK