Second in Charge of Science
Required for January 2018
Permanent, Full Time
We seek to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher of Science to join a supportive, highly regarded and successful department.
This post would suit a Science specialist from any subject discipline We are looking for a teacher who is dynamic, inspirational and passionate to join our Academy and help lead our drive to become an outstanding school.
The school was judged GOOD by Ofsted in March 2017. The Science Department consistently achieves excellent results and contributes to the Academy’s EBACC results being significantly above the national average.
The Second in Science will take a lead in the continuing development and improvement of Teaching and Learning within the Department. We are seeking an energetic and committed professional who can drive change, assist in the running of the department and, most importantly, is an outstanding teacher.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of helping pupils achieve excellent progress.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an excellent Science Practitioner.
• Be determined to develop all aspects of Science teaching and learning within the Science Department.
• Be a committed team player.
• Have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff.
• Be committed to Quarrydale Academy's ethos of high expectations.
We offer candidates the chance to work in a friendly, supportive community with happy, well-behaved students who enjoy learning. Our Academy is characterised by committed, capable staff who work collectively on behalf of students. The successful candidate will benefit from enhanced professional development opportunities through our bespoke CPD provision and partnership with other schools.
Joining our Academy also offers many personal benefits including:
• a subsidised pension scheme
• use of the Academy's sports facilities and gym
• close, convenient links to the M1 junction 28, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield
• close access to the peak district, national park and popular historical sites
• a supportive environment in which your talents will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and other vetting procedures including the provision of two good references.
For application forms and further details please visit our website or contact Mrs Amanda Adamson (Headteacher’s Secretary) at email@example.com
If you think you could be a potential candidate for the role and you would like to discuss the vacancy or if you would like to arrange a visit to Quarrydale Academy please contact the Head of Science Steve Dewhurst on 01623 554 178 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 25 October 2017
Interviews will be held on: Monday 30 October 2017