Second in charge of Computer Science.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary school, based in Hertfordshire. The school is looking to add a Computer Science to its progressive and supportive IT Department ideally starting in January 2022.
The role will include coordinating and co-managing the delivery of Computer Science at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of Computer Science to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“An inspiring and motivational Second in Department who can enthuse and engage students to achieve their full potential and build on the very high standards of this successful department which has a national reputation for excellence. A committed individual who wishes to add to the success of the Computer Science department by implementing their own ideas and strategies and embrace creativity, innovation and the very best practice in teaching”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Computer Science Degree or a related subject
• experience delivering Computer Science up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience supporting your existing Head of Department to enhance overall results at departmental level
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1486637 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1486637 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...