ASH MANOR SCHOOL
MANOR ROAD, ASH, SURREY, GU12 6QH
Tel: 01252 353900
Head Teacher: Ms A Bailey
SECOND IN DEPARTMENT – ENGLISH AND MEDIA STUDIES
MPR/UPR (London Fringe) + TLR 2c (£4745)
Required for September 2020
Ash Manor School is a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and is committed to becoming exceptional.
We are seeking to appoint a creative and dynamic 2nd in English who can work with the Head of English and Media Studies in the leadership of the Department. You must be highly motivated and demonstrate high professional standards as well as a commitment to the pursuit of excellence in a department that has made rapid progress and now boasts results above national averages.
You will help lead the development of Teaching and Learning across the Department to develop the success already achieved, demonstrating innovative approaches to learning and teaching, challenging the most able and have a collaborative approach at the core of your practice. The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills and leadership potential and they will use these skills to support the department’s ongoing journey to becoming exceptional.
You must be able to teach English to KS3 and KS4. A willingness to make an active contribution to our extensive extra-curricular activities programme is essential.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
- Believes in young people
- Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom
- Is passionate about English and is keen to improve standards across all year groups
- Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential
- Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range
- Is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of the faculty
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, friendly, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
- Opportunities for further professional development
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community
- Potential applicant visits are welcomed
Requests for visits and completed applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications: Monday 24th February at 9am
Early applications recommended as we may interview early upon obtaining an excellent short list of candidates.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.