Are you passionate about raising attainment in English?
Are you looking for your next step up in your career or need a change of environment?
Would you like to work in a dynamic state of the art Academy alongside genuinely lovely colleagues?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Second in Department to support our Curriculum Leader in raising standards of attainment and progress in English across Key Stages 3 to 5. We are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner that is able to bring ideas, energy, enthusiasm and a commitment to securing strong progress and raising achievement of all students.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate creative and engaging approaches to their teaching with a good record of achievement
- Have a proven ability to raise standards in classrooms
- Have experience of leading teaching and learning initiatives beyond their classroom
- Be able to plan and resource effective interventions to meet curricular objectives
- Have an excellent understanding of the components which comprise outstanding teaching and learning
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with cross trust and national development programs and bespoke opportunities to support your development
- We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Academy
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
- Local subsided gym membership and many other staff benefits
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The Principal and SLT have successfully raised the quality of teaching and improved students’ achievement in most subjects including English and Maths. The quality of teachers’ professional development is good, leaders have successfully created a good culture for staff development and ensures that teachers are suitably equipped for their subjects and other responsibilities. The behaviour of the students is good, they behave well in lessons and students are proud to be at the academy and enjoy coming”.
Teacher Testimonial: “What I really felt here more than anywhere else was that the welcome was extremely warm and the team wanted to develop me and nurture me as a leader, a professional and a teacher. They have given me the opportunity to go on to the national leadership course, which allowed me to nurture my own leadership skills and learn a whole host of different things, which I had not had the opportunity to learn before. After 4 years, I was seconded onto the SLT team looking after Teaching and Learning, which has always been my real passion. In September this year, I was seconded to be the Associate Vice Principal which added another layer which challenged me and helped me experience lots of other aspects at the school. At Stockwood, we really believed the CPD should be personalised at whatever level you are at and whatever level you come into the Academy. If you are an NQT or Unqualified, we really nurture the talent you have and we will help you gain QTS and complete your NQT year. We have also put together a rolling CPD programme every Thursday night so that people are really supported. We believe that nurturing talent upwards is really important, whether that's pastoral care, curriculum care, teaching and learning and then moving into SLT. We have middle leader and senior leaders’ courses and send people out on National Accreditation. Stockwood Park Academy have really helped me develop my skills and I'm very lucky that I have a team of people that I know I can develop myself and still do my day to day job.”
Want to know what our teachers have to say about working at Stockwood Park Academy? Watch our video by visiting: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd November at 12pm Interviews: W/C 6th November
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today. Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed, please contact 01582 811 515 to arrange a convenient time.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.