Second in Charge in English September 2018
We are looking to appoint an exceptional 2nd in Charge in English to join our team in September 2018. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to further develop their career.
Woodside High School is an outstanding (Ofsted 2011 & 2014) and oversubscribed 11-16 comprehensive school and we are currently expanding to an eight form entry school. Our students progress exceptionally well (P8: +0.48) and we take pride in our strong values of academic achievement, equality of experience and respect for all.
Our strong systems ensure you can focus on your core purpose of teaching: robust behaviour systems, highly visible and supportive middle and senior leaders, robust teaching and learning framework
- Commitment to professional development within school and through our network of schools
- Collaborative leadership at both department and senior level
- Excellent support and guidance for NQTs
- Excellent career development
- A convenient location in Wood Green, with excellent transport links (Piccadilly line)
- 13 members of staff, supported by two English TAs
- Fully equipped English classrooms, Library and computer rooms in a modern building
- We work collaboratively in a professional and friendly manner within department on curriculum and planning and are supported by SLT, Heads of Year and the Inclusion team on a daily basis
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information and an application pack please visit http://www.woodsidehighschool.co.uk/Vacancies/Current-Vacancies/
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 26th February at midnight.