Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
- We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Science teacher and leader who will support our ‘Head of Science’ in leading and developing our Science Curriculum.
- This is the perfect role for candidates who want to gain middle leadership experience and secure a ‘Head of Department’ role in the next 1 – 2 years.
- For exceptional candidates with the required experience there is also the opportunity to lead whole school STEM in addition to the Second in Science role.
- TLRs (1a - 1d) are available for suitable candidates including whole school responsibilities.
- Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML, NPQSL, Teaching Leaders.
- Teacher’s in the early stages of their career are welcome to apply. If you are good enough you will be appointed. We want to employ top quality staff with leadership aspirations.
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal to discuss the above and shape the next stage of your career.
- This position has become available due to the promotion of an existing member of staff. There are no internal candidates.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent Science Practitioner;
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the Academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing all aspects of Science teaching and learning;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff;
- Be committed to Kingswood Academy's ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
This summer, for the third year running, we celebrated our best ever GCSE results. We, yet again, had significant increases in the number of students achieving a grade 4 (old C grade pass) in both English and Maths. Our progress scores were excellent and again significantly improved. Our Progress 8 score of +0.42 puts us in the top two schools in the city and shows that on average all our students made almost half a grade more than expected nationally across every one of their 8 subjects from their starting points. At Kingswood Academy all students make good progress in every subject, regardless of their starting point.
We welcome visits to the Academy, to see the school in action and discuss the post. To book an appointment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required for January 2018. Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: 9am Friday 20 October 2017.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding policies we are unable to accept CV’s. For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhance checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.