Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
· We are seeking to appoint an outstanding English teacher and leader who will support our ‘Head of English’ in leading and developing our English Curriculum.
· This is the perfect role for candidates who want to gain middle leadership experience and secure a ‘Head of Department’ role in the next 1 – 2 years.
· TLR (1A) Is available for suitable candidates including whole school responsibilities.
· Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML, NPQSL, Teaching Leaders.
· Teacher’s in the early stages of their career are welcome to apply. If you are good enough you will be appointed. We want to employ top quality staff with leadership aspirations.
· We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal to discuss the above and shape the next stage of your career.
The English team are building and developing a strong department and results this year were excellent. This is a creative and innovative department that sits at the heart of this ambitious fast growing academy.
There are numerous opportunities for staff development and whole school responsibility. If you are passionate about teaching and want to make a difference we would love to hear from you.
Why should you join the Winton Community Academy English team?
· Benefit from the support available from AET.
· Fully committed to raising standards and delivering improving results.
· Supported by the SLT to have smaller class sizes and increased lesson time in KS3 and KS4.
· Committed to personalised Continual Professional development at all levels.
· Small highly motivated team.
· Staff iPad, laptop and Health Cover.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· An understanding of strategies for students to make rapid progress.
· Knowledge of current educational developments at KS3 and KS4 for English.
· An ability to inspire and motivate students so they become passionate about English and make good or exemplary progress.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for:
· Developing the KS3 or KS4 curriculum and reporting to the Head of Department.
· Developing home learning opportunities to extend the English curriculum and extra curricular activities.
· Responsible for the delivery of KS3 and KS4 programmes of study.
Winton Community Academy is situated in Andover in the centre of Hampshire a short commute from Winchester, Salisbury and many picturesque Hampshire villages. It opened in November 2012 and is part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), the largest nationwide, multi-academy sponsor in the country.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required for January 2018.
We would encourage you to visit the academy, to arrange this please contact Jackie Lusk on 01264 325955.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Monday 16th October 2017.
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday 13th October 2017.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements for School Direct Placements, please visit our website http://aetnationalteachingschoolalliance.org/ for further details.