Second in charge of English.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary school, based in Crayford. The school is looking to add a second in charge of English to its progressive and supportive English Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include coordinating and co-managing the delivery of English at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of English to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“We are looking to appoint a highly committed English teacher with strong leadership qualities, a passion for their subject and a collaborative approach to working with our students and team.
The successful candidate will support the Curriculum Director with the overall leadership of English across Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 and contribute to the continuing development of the English curriculum. Our ideal candidate will assume responsibility for the planning and delivery of KS3 English at the Academy, where we follow the ARK Mastery curriculum.
The core purpose of the Second in Department in English post is to contribute to the continuing development of the English curriculum and to the overall development of the department, supporting the Curriculum Director of English and deputising for him/her as required.
If you are motivated by working in a challenging and supportive environment where the key outcome is our shared desire to achieve the very best for our children and young people to secure life chances from which they may not otherwise benefit, if you have the talent, tenacity and passion to lead this school we hope you will consider applying for this role.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant English Degree or a related subject
• experience delivering English up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience supporting your existing Head of Department to enhance overall results at departmental level
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1421317 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1421317 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...