“Jesus Christ is central to our school”
“Pupils, parents and staff say that the school has improved significantly since the appointment of the new headteacher at the start of the year.”
The headteacher and the interim executive board (IEB) have worked tirelessly to improve this school.
“Across the school, leaders and staff have high expectations of what pupils can and should achieve. The headteacher drives this culture of high expectations. He is unrelenting in his vision to improve the school so that all pupils get the highest quality education.”
(Ofsted December 2019)
St Monica’s RC High School is seeking a dynamic and inspirational Second in English Department to assist the Head of Department in raising standards of student attainment and achievement within this crucial curriculum area to improve outcomes and life chances for the young people.
This 11-16 Catholic school is located in the area to the north of Manchester. After a period of challenge the school is now rapidly improving. The school joined the St Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Multi Academy Trust on 1st August 2020.
The successful applicant will be offered the opportunity to:
- support the Head of Department in raising the attainment and progress in the department.
- assist the Head of Department by leading, developing and managing the quality of teaching in the curriculum area of English.
- teach keen, committed students who are positive and active learners in a school that has a strong catholic ethos.
- benefit from professional development that will include support via St Patrick’s Teaching School Alliance and System Leaders;
- be part of a school that remains popular with parents and the local community;
- work with supportive and focused Senior Leaders committed to the development of talented staff into the Middle and Senior Leaders of tomorrow;
We therefore seek an applicant who:
- is an exceptional practitioner with strong subject knowledge and experience of raising achievement across the age and ability range;
- is highly motivated by a belief that the life chances of all young people can be improved;
- is a well-qualified, industrious and talented team player who believes in lifelong learning and can help pupils develop the skills and attitudes they will need in their future lives;
- possesses the talent, interpersonal skills and range of pedagogical approaches necessary to contribute to the overall success of the staff and team;
- can demonstrate a strong track record of positive impact to date;
- is mentally tough and embraces challenges.
St Monica’s RC High School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The school operates a Safer Recruitment policy. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: Monday, 15 March 2021 at 10:00 am
Interviews to take place: Thursday, 18 March 2021
Further details and CES application forms are available to download from the school website https://www.stmonicas.co.uk/the-school/job-vacancies/. Electronic submissions should be addressed for the attention of the Chair of the Local Governing Board via email@example.com.
St Monica's RC High School