Second in charge of Mathematics (KS3).
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary school, based in Kent. The school is looking to add a 2nd IC Maths (KS3) to its progressive and supportive Department ideally starting in January or April 2022.
The role will include coordinating and co-managing the delivery of Mathematics at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. As 2ic Maths, you will lead the KS3 provision supporting Year 7 to 9 year groups. You will support the Head of English to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“A dedicated and enthusiastic Second in Mathematics responsible for KS3 curriculum, continuity, progression and development is required for January 2022 in this over-subscribed non-selective, co-educational school which benefits from the state-of -the-art new buildings and is situated in a beautiful part of the South East coast. The school enjoys a good reputation locally, with dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students. Staff hold high expectations for all students and work tirelessly to continue to raise attainment and achievement. The successful candidate should be able to deliver excellence in the classroom, providing innovative and inspirational teaching and learning. This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to work with colleagues to build a vibrant and outstanding department. This post is suitable for an experienced professional looking to further their expertise."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Mathematics Degree or a related subject
• experience delivering Mathematics up to GCSE level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience supporting your existing Head of Department to enhance overall results at departmental level
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1527180 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1527180 in the email subject line.
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...