SECOND IN MATHS FACULTY
Required September 2019
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, creative and well-qualified colleague who will be committed to ensuring the highest levels of achievement for our students. The Second in Maths will support the Faculty Leader to carry out their role. The emphasis will be on promoting excellent teaching and learning, helping to lead, manage and develop a specific area of the curriculum and working to enhance the teaching practice of other staff within the Faculty.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach across the whole 11 - 18 age and ability range including A Level. The successful candidate should be:
• A dynamic and innovative Maths teacher with excellent communication skills
• Able to demonstrate a strong commitment to learning and raising standards
• Experienced in teaching across the ability range
We can offer you:
• a highly supportive and friendly working environment
• opportunities to teach across KS3, 4 and 5
• free access to the Employee Assistance Programme provided by the Education Support Network, offering individual support, information and advice including financial, legal and home-life and work-related issues.
Plume Academy is a friendly and supportive academy where the professional development of all our staff is given a very high priority. Plume’s very positive Ofsted inspection in January 2018 judged the academy as ‘good’ in all areas, including the Sixth Form.
Plume Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are therefore subject to satisfactory DBS and Immigration Checks, together with the receipt of references and only applications submitted on the Academy’s application form will be considered.
For full details and an application form, please visit our website at www.plume.essex.sch.uk
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 23 May 2019.
Interviews to take place on Friday 24 May 2019