Grade/SCP: MPS – UPS + TLR 2 (£2,724 per annum)
Hours: Full Time
Location: St Philip Howard Catholic Voluntary Academy
Sunlaws Street, Glossop, Derbyshire SK13 8DR
Start Date: 1 September 2019
St Philip Howard Catholic Voluntary Academy, part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a highly skilled and highly motivated Science Teacher who will be second in Department to join our busy, hardworking team.
We are a mixed, comprehensive, Roman Catholic secondary school situated in the thriving town of Glossop, Derbyshire. It is part of the newly formed Catholic Multi Academy Trust; St Ralph Sherwin.
We now have an opportunity for a passionate Teacher of Science to join our expanding team at St Phillip Howard on our journey to outstanding.
We are looking for an;
- inspirational teacher who is able to provide plentiful opportunities for students to reach their full potential
- someone who is passionate about Science and is committed to joining us on our journey to outstanding
- someone who is committed to securing high quality outcomes for our students
- someone able to take on a level of responsibility for the day-to-day running of certain aspects of the department.
We can offer the successful candidate;
- a supportive working environment based around our Catholic ethos and an excellent and varied CPD programme (we welcome applications from Catholics and non-Catholics)
- a dedicated, supportive and committed team of staff
- a welcoming community with a clear sense of its Catholic identity
- training and support to develop skills.
The school has good commuter links to Stockport, Macclesfield and Manchester (and surrounding areas) by car and rail.
A smaller than average secondary school, St Philip Howard currently has 480 pupils on roll and is growing rapidly. St Philip Howard is on a journey to outstanding and since the Academy opened in September 2015 has gone from strength to strength. The recent Inspections which took place in 2018 have confirmed this. Inspectors acknowledged the hard work and commitment of the Senior Leadership Team, Staff and Governors. St Philip Howard Catholic Voluntary Academy is an exciting place for our students to grow and develop, building an enriching love of learning and a spiritual outlook that will carry with them through life.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and appointments can be made by calling Gemma on 01457 653611.
How to apply
For more information, an application pack and to apply please visit https://srscmat.co.uk/vacancies or email email@example.com.
Indicative timetable as follows:
Closing date: 28th May 2019 at 9.00am
The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
The Trust will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
You do not need to be a Catholic to work in our Trust. There are certain reserved positions, which require someone to be Catholic, i.e. CEO, Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, Subject Leader/Head of RE and Lay Chaplain but other than that a respect for our ethos and a willingness to participate in what we do is all that is required.