Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, Bolton St Catherine’s Academy would love to hear from you!
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. In 2018, we joined the then recently formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust which, in addition to ourselves, consists of two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School where there are opportunities to work collaboratively within the wider MAT community sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over these past two years.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
The successful candidate will lead and co-ordinate an aspect of the Technology curriculum, focusing on challenge in the curriculum and creative engagement at KS3 in order to ensure that all students opting for our subjects at KS4 are ‘GCSE ready.’ This will include responsibility for KS3 Technology rotation programmes, primary school programmes, intelligent use of data and intervention/behaviour tracking.
We are seeking a qualified teacher who will:
- be an acknowledged outstanding practitioner of any technology discipline but ideally with experience of delivering Engineering at KS4 and Design Technology at KS3 which will be required of the post holder
- have a clear understanding of the characteristics of high quality teaching and proven experience of teaching across the whole age, ability and behaviour range
- be able to demonstrate their commitment to our community of students
- work closely with the Curriculum & Learning Lead to agree strategies for improvements
- be approachable and of empathetic character in order to engage and support colleagues in improving their practice but at the same time being fair and consistent in expectations
- motivate both colleagues and students to work hard and try their best through passing on to them their infectious enthusiasm and passion for teaching!
- actively share good practice and seek to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching
- work hard to ensure all students make at least expected progress irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
- understand that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
- demonstrate leadership qualities including personal resilience, drive and initiative and role model those personal qualities we wish to see in all our staff and instil in our young people
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a laptop to use whilst in employment
- a rigorous and motivational weekly programme of continuous professional development and a pathway to middle and senior leadership opportunities across the schools in the MAT
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils and get involved in extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact the Curriculum & Learning Lead , Kasim Qadir Kqadir@boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk
Conversations about the post prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Kasim Qadir by email to arrange.
To apply please complete the TES online application form, ensuring in your application statement that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Friday 17th April 2020. Interviews are currently planned to be held the following week.