SECOND LINE IT TECHNICIAN
SALARY up to £25,000
The Webber Independent School is a small friendly co-educational day school for children from 4-18 years.
An exciting new opportunity has become available and we are seeking an individual who is confident with all aspects of IT. You will be either a very experienced 1st Line Technician/Engineer who is seeking to move into 2nd line, OR a 2nd Line Technician/Engineer who is seeking a new challenge in a rewarding environment.
· Providing first and second line support for all users with all aspects of the information technology infrastructure;
· Providing break / fix support for desktop issues;
· Reviewing server implementations, including upgrades and taking performance issues into consideration;
· Training users will be a key element of this role as the company continues to upskill their colleagues in the effective use of technology in the workplace.
Professional and Personal Qualities
· Confident will all aspects of IT;
· A strong desire and focus on continued improvements;
· Excellent problem solving skills;
· Strong time management and self-motivation skills;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Cheerful, friendly, calm;
· To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the school’s Health and Safety policy and any school-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
Required Technical Competencies
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/10/server 2012/2016;
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016;
· Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory;
· Virtualisation practices in VMware / Citrix / Microsoft (from a build, install, configure level through to standard support);
· Core networking understanding – you will be able to configure a basic router/firewall with some policies and this should be a standard task for you;
· Grass roots hardware competency – understand PC / Server components thoroughly;
· Email and spam troubleshooting;
· Building servers and workstations;
· Symantec Antivirus or similar software.
Closing Date: 16.03.18
For more information, to request a visit or an application pack, contact
Mrs D Green at email@example.com
We reserve the right to close the advert ahead of the deadline should we appoint.
GEMS The Webber Independent School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant pre-employment checks, including checks with past employers.