Business Profile Description
Middleton International School (MIS) is part of the EtonHouse International Education Group. More than just an affordable school, Middleton offers high-quality international education, and its close-knit community embraces a truly global teaching and learning community.
An inquiry-driven school, Middleton offers a unique blend of the UK National curricula with Singapore-inspired Maths and Chinese in the primary years through the UK-based IPC (International Primary Curriculum). In the middle years, it offers the IMYC (International Middle Years Curriculum) and the Cambridge IGCSE in the secondary years. Students then move on to taking the UK A-Levels in Grade 11 and 12. Students are also offered integrated specialist programmes, including performing arts, PE and ICT, and co-curricular learning to cater to various interests and talents. MIS is also a leader amongst international schools in offering a well-being programme in collaboration with the contentment foundation in the US.
The academic rigour and strong social-emotional learning equip students with the knowledge and skills to be successful, responsible, and caring global citizens.
Position: Secondary and IGCSE Physics Teachers
Reporting To: Principal
Direct Reports: No direct report
- Ensure expectations around behaviors and conduct are upheld in accordance with school policy standards and procedures
- Arrive promptly at lessons, tutor sessions and dismiss students at the correct times
- Check on students’ attendance at lessons and follow up on absences as appropriate; to liaise with colleagues on matters of concern relating to individual students
- to write and follow conscientiously, departmental syllabuses and schemes of work for each teaching group based on the relevant year group curriculum
- Prepare lesson materials and to mark students’ work consistent with Cambridge, departmental and school assessment policy
- Set and mark appropriate home learning activities in accordance with departmental and school policy; to have the highest reasonable expectation of individual student performance
- Keep appropriate records of individual students’ work and achievements, consistent with departmental and school policy to make a proper contribution to the writing of school reports
- Teach the pastoral curriculum and to follow conscientiously personal, social and health education syllabuses and schemes of work
- Act as counsellor and guide to individual students in tutor group, both in relation to personal development and specific phases of educational development and transition.
- Carry out efficiently the various necessary administrative functions of the Form Tutor including school requirements in relation to the proper and accurate keeping of registers
- Play a part in the development of departmental, curriculum development group and year team meetings as appropriate
- Seek to identify personal staff development and INSET needs and ensure that these are discussed with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Play a part, as required, in the school’ s appraisal programme, both as appraisee and where appropriate, as appraiser of other colleagues.
- Ensure that practice is, in all respects consistent with the requirements of the Health and Safety policy as well as with any subject specific health and safety guidelines.
- To be involved in offering extracurricular activities including outdoor excursion and events as required.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues and the Senior Leadership Team to ensure a relevant, purposeful, and impactful curriculum is in place.
- Carry out duties such as supervision and cover as and when required.
Who are we looking for:
- Bachelor of Education or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience in IGCSE Physics subjects
- Commitment to working in an educational environment that offers academic rigour and excellence in teaching
- An understanding of and experience in working in an IB Programme, cambridge IGCSE and A Level is desirable
- Sound knowledge of curriculum pedagogy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity toward cultural diversities
- Ability to build community through positive interactions with parents
- Self-motivated with a high energy level
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates use of initiative while showing flexibility and adaptability
- A reflective practitioner with a commitment to lifelong learning and solution focused mindset