The International School of Riga is seeking an outstanding Secondary Arts Teacher for a post commencing August 2019. The school provides high quality education from the ages of 2 to 18 and follows the IMYC in Grades 6-8, IGCSE in Grades 9-10 and AS/A Levels in Grades 11-12. In 2020 it is planned that the school will move to the International Baccalaureate Programme.
The successful candidate will need to have a diverse range of qualities, competencies, and experience:
- BA Degree in Education or BA Degree with PGCE in Education and minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- Experience teaching (I)GCSE and AS/A Level or IBDP.
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language.
- Confidence in working with diverse students, differentiating and supporting individual needs.
- Genuine respect and care for each individual student.
- Strong collaboration with colleagues and partnerships with parents.
- Flexibility and sense of initiative.
- Familiarity with ISR's mission statement and readiness to embody each key phrase.
- Active involvement in the school community beyond teaching responsibilities.
An ISR faculty member should be an outstanding teacher, motivator, learner, and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, and should be capable of preparing students for international programmes in a stimulating, challenging and well-organized learning environment.
He/She should be able to provide professional expertise, high-quality teaching, and learning, make effective use of resources and ensure improved standards of learning and achievement for all students.