Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained teachers to consider an exciting opportunity to relocate to the United Kingdom and take up a Business Studies Teacher position at an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school in Hounslow, London. This full time permanent position will be starting September 2019. The successful Business Studies Teacher will be teaching up to Year 12, so the ability to teach up to senior level is essential.
About the Role:
- Business Studies Teacher
- Years 7-12 Business Studies
- Full time permanent position
- Extensive support available
- Salary from $48,900 to $70,700 AUD (Depending on experience)
About the School:
- Single sex thriving secondary school
- Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’, the UK’s governing body for standards in education
- High achieving results
- Historical links to the community spanning almost a century
- Extensive professional development available
- Great rail and road transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the Business Studies Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- Graduate Teachers and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
About the location:
- The London borough of Hounslow is situated approximately 30 minutes west of Central London
- Great transport links into Central London, serviced by the Piccadilly Line and South West Trains
- Close to Heathrow Airport, minutes away via the Tube, bus and car
- Hounslow schools are ranked seventh best in London
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
- An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants
- Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London team to support you when you land
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN06880KYB.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN06880KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.