Where are you teaching next?
Through seven modern campuses and with a large team of professional teachers from over 20 different nationalities, Vietnam Australia School (VAS) offers a highly unique and integrated bilingual education system of nearly 9,500 predominantly Vietnamese students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. As our student base is growing even stronger, we are truly excited about having a highly motivated, enthusiastic and capable Business Studies Teacher to join us.
5 reasons to teach in Vietnam and at VAS
Compared to many countries in the west, Vietnam is a tropical paradise with one of the highest economic growth rates on the planet. It is currently the ideal place for many international teachers due to its cheap cost of living, rich culture, fantastic food, friendly people, and wonderful students.
- One of the worlds' absolute best countries to work in - Vietnam is ranked as the 2nd Best Destination for Expats in 2019 by InterNations , and as #10 of Top Countries for Expats in 2019 by HSBC .
- Fantastic students - Vietnamese students are among the top performances globally standing above the OECD average in the latest PISA ranking .
- Culturally diverse teaching environment - VAS has around 1,100 local and International teachers supporting our highly successful integrated curriculum between Cambridge International and Vietnamese National Programs.
- Career progression - being part of a fast growing school of 7 campuses and nearly 9,500 students, teachers have a chance to take on more responsibilities and to gain further accreditation through our Cambridge International Professional Development Centre. Many of our teachers are promoted internally each year.
- Salary & benefits - you should be able to save more in Vietnam compared to your home country as our job offer include expat benefits, such as competitive tax free salary, monthly housing allowance, relocation allowance, tuition waiver for up to two children, international health insurance, 12 weeks of paid holidays, retention bonus, and more.
What you will do
As a Teacher of Business Studies, you will be joining a supportive, welcoming and successful team, with excellent outcomes. The key duties of this role will include:
- Teaching secondary Cambridge International Business Studies (including Economics and Enterprise) IGCSE curriculum, with with the potential of teaching up to A-level
- Ensuring that teaching and learning in the classroom is of a consistently high quality
- Actively contribute to a cohesive, hardworking and happy team, with a strong collegiate culture
- Promote and develop to students’ academic, personal, and social development beyond the classroom
Your background and experience
This is a certified teaching position that requires you to have a recognised teaching qualification in secondary education. Furthermore, we are looking for a teacher with the following traits and behaviours:
- Strong curiosity in learning about other cultures and working with diverse people
- Genuine interest in the field of business studies from both a pedagogical and theoretical perspective
- Open mindset and ability to develop efficient student and parent’s relationships
- Willingness to embrace our VAS core values
As an international teacher our package will include a competitive base salary, monthly housing allowance, relocation allowance, visa and work permit reimbursement, settling-in allowance, tuition waiver for up to two children, medical insurance, 12 weeks of paid holidays, retention bonus, and more. In addition, you will have generous non-contact time for planning, preparation and professional growth.
Please send in your full application including your resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, three references, and a copy of your passport.
For further guidance regarding your written application and tips from VAS, please visit our Job Application Guide.
Vietnam Australia International School - Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
We help shape young minds to love learning.
In 2004 our school welcomed its very first group of students. Fourteen years later we are responsible for the future generation of nearly 9,500 students, all participating in our unique blended internationa...