Due to the swift and effective action by His Majesty’s government, Brunei Darussalam continues to be a safe haven and oasis of calm amidst the challenges of Covid-19. Whilst there are expectations to remain vigilant, schools, recreational activities, shopping, family activities and events continue as normal. Brunei Darussalam is a perfect, welcoming location for teachers and their families to enjoy the beauty and diversity of beautiful South East Asia.
International School Brunei requires an experienced teacher to join the successful Secondary School Individuals and Societies Faculty as a Business Specialist. The ideal candidate will join a dynamic faculty focussed on the highest possible standards of teaching and learning. The ability to teach, and experience of, IGCSE Business Studies at KS4 and Business Management at IBDP is a distinct advantage.
Established in 1964, International School Brunei (ISB) has over 50 years of experience as a non-profit, vibrant, inclusive school. Today ISB has over 1200 day and boarding students from 42 different nationalities and highly qualified teachers from all over the globe. In 2015 ISB moved to a bespoke, eco-friendly campus, nestled in primary rainforest, becoming one of the first schools in Asia to win the Green Flag award. Academic results are excellent, allowing ISB graduates to gain entry to top universities all over the world.
Business is a popular option subject at ISB at both IGCSE and IBDP with high levels of attainment, enjoyment and engagement. Business forms part of the Individuals and Societies Faculty along with Geography, History, Psychology, Computer Science and Economics. The Individuals and Societies Faculty is well resourced, with modern classrooms and access to a wide range of resources, supported by an excellent faculty team and leader.
ISB is an inclusive school, therefore the successful candidate will need to have a wide range of pedagogical approaches to Business teaching and be able to deliver innovative and engaging lessons which engage all students.
The successful candidate will have experience of:
• A school with an inclusive ethos;
• An institution which pursues holistic education – fitting our “Everyone Excels” motto;
• A diverse student and staff body;
• A fast-moving educational environment;
• An institution which develops, promotes and has implemented innovative education ideas and practices.
The successful candidate will be:
• positive, and have a determination to succeed;
• flexible, adaptable and resilient;
• a team player;
• committed to enriching the academic curriculum.
International School Brunei - Bandar Seri
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years