Smart Teachers are searching for inspired Australian and New Zealand educators who are looking for the opportunity of a life-time.
We are currently recruiting for a Computer Science Teacher for a school in Waltham Abbey, Essex. The school requires a Computer Science Teacher to take over a Year 7-11 timetable. This is a temporary to permanent position for the successful candidate. If successful, you will be joining a school rated by Ofsted as “good”. Situated in Essex, this is a smaller than average sized co-ed school that caters for pupils aged 11 – 16. This school is easily commutable from North London.
About the Role:
- Computer Science Teacher
- Position to start, ASAP
- Well-organised department
- Years 7-11 time table only
- Graduate teachers welcome to apply
- Salary $45, 200 - $72, 400 AUD (Depending on experience)
- Temporary to Permanent
About the School:
- Supportive school with supportive leadership
- Behaviour is good
- Ofsted rated “good”, the UK’s governing body for standards in education
- Located just outside of North London
- Under an hour from Liverpool street station – East London
- This school offer a comprehensive induction programme for all staff
- Ongoing extensive professional development for any staff
- Access to onsite gym
- Child care voucher scheme available
- Allocated onsite parking space
About the location:
- Located on the outskirts of North London, Waltham Abbey is located within the Epping Forest District of Essex
- Good connections into London, half an hour to Liverpool Street Station on the London overground
- Believed to be the final resting place of King Harold who died in the Battle of Hastings in 1066
- Surrounded by historical architecture including Waltham Abbey itself
In order to be considered for this role, the Secondary Computer Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- Graduate Teachers and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN24762KYB.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN24762KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.