This is an excellent opportunity to join the vibrant and high-performing Design & Technology Faculty at Garden International School. Experience in teaching Cambridge IGCSE Design and Technology in Resistant Materials and Graphic Products, as well as Edexcel A Level Product Design, is desirable but not essential. The ideal candidate would also have a solid understanding of Engineering principles.
Our Design & Technology department is the lead international school for F1 in Schools Malaysia which annually hosts the South East Asian International Schools Final. We have also successfully sent a team to the F1 in Schools World Finals for the last two years. The successful candidate will help the department to continue their success in this field and in other areas.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Be willing to be an active contributor to the DT team by sharing great practice and planning collaboratively
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Have a growth mindset, looking to continually improve
- Be an innovative and flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have the ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have a student-centred approach to teaching and learning
- Have willingness to support aspects of the school's busy co-curricular programme
- Have a passion for design outside of the classroom
- A working knowledge of Google Apps and the confidence to work with iPads would be an advantage
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment with ongoing Professional Development and weekly Professional Learning and Wellbeing time
- A well-resourced and friendly campus
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 18th February 2020. Interviews will take place via Skype in February.
Please review the ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2020-21’ booklet found in the Applicant Info Pack prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (ICPC or equivalent).