Due to the swift and effective action by His Majesty’s government, Brunei Darussalam continues to be a safe haven and oasis of calm amidst the challenges of Covid-19. Whilst there are expectations to remain vigilant, schools, recreational activities, shopping, family activities and events continue as normal. Brunei Darussalam is a perfect, welcoming location for teachers and their families to enjoy the beauty and diversity of beautiful South East Asia.
International School Brunei requires an experienced DT teacher. The ideal candidate will join a dynamic faculty focused on the highest possible standards of teaching and learning. The ability to teach, and experience of, Design Technology from Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 5 is a distinct advantage and IB experience is preferred but not essential.
DT is a popular subject at ISB with high levels of attainment enjoyment and engagement. All students follow an adapted British Curriculum at KS3, then can opt to study IGCSE DT (through Cambridge Assessment International Examinations) as an option subject in KS4. DT is offered as an IBDP Group 4 subject, therefore forms part of the Secondary School Sciences Faculty.
Design Technology is well resourced, with modern workshops and access to a wide range of practical equipment, supported by an excellent technician.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious teacher to join our school. You will be surrounded by a high performing and dedicated team of professionals, and opportunities for career development are wide ranging.
ISB is an inclusive school, therefore the successful candidate will need to have a wide range of pedagogical approaches to English teaching and be able to deliver innovative and engaging lessons which engage all students.
The successful candidate will have experience of:
• A school with an inclusive ethos;
• An institution which pursues holistic education – fitting our “Everyone Excels” motto;
• A diverse student and staff body;
• A fast-moving educational environment;
• An institution which develops, promotes and has implemented innovative education ideas and practices.
The successful candidate will be:
• positive, and have a determination to succeed;
• flexible, adaptable and resilient;
• a team player;
• committed to enriching the academic curriculum.
International School Brunei - Bandar Seri
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years