The LFS is looking for a well-qualified full time English / Drama teacher with experience to join our High School English department. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced classroom practitioner with experience of literature teaching in Key Stage 3 and above wishing to gain experience of teaching in a vibrant, popular school with a bilingual curriculum.
Main responsibilities :
The teacher shall carry out the professional duties of a Literature / Drama Teacher under supervision of the Head of English and these shall include :
- Planning and preparing all lessons in accordance with the School’s aims and objectives;
- Preparing pupils for the May IGCSE Language and Literature exam;
- Liaising with English as a second language colleagues and drama colleagues to promote continuity of educational experience and learning;
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the pupils and safeguarding their health and safety both during lessons and in exams and exam practices;
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils, including the provision of written reports three times a year;
- Establishing cordial relationships with colleagues to provide an effective and harmonious team;
- Liaising with other English Literature / Drama teachers to ensure a smooth continuity in building a thorough literary culture for our students;
- Carrying out any other duties which may be required by the Principal.
Criteria for the post :
- Post-Graduate Certificate of Education in English and / or Drama (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of, and experience of teaching English Literature / Drama at Middle and High School level
- An eagerness to understand and adopt the French Education system
- A willingness to work with students using English as a Second Language or English as a Foreign Language
- A good understanding of formative and summative assessment
- A willingness to be involved in the wider life of the School and extracurricular activities
- The energy, dynamism and stamina to contribute fully to the life of a busy co-educational Multicultural independent school.
- Willingness to contribute to the extensive range of activities provided for pupils and to support them in their co-curricular pursuits.
- A knowledge of French would be an advantage.