The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Saint Mary’s Catholic College, Kingaroy is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher to teach English and Drama.
This full time fixed term contract, commencing April 2019, offers the opportunity to teach and be part of a closeknit community, while enjoying the lifestyle of picturesque country town Kingaroy.
We are seeking a teacher who is, student focused and genuinely wants to make an impact to the learning of students.
To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• appropriate qualifications and experience
• hold registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
• be supportive of the Catholic ethos and values of the College
• effective communication skills
• work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
• an ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices, and
• a clear understanding of the new Australian Curriculum.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form.
Remote area incentives for teachers include;
• Location based ITAS weekly allowance
• Salary incentive (IPRASS) payment paid for service of at least one term
• Reimbursement for reasonable relocation expenses
• Four days per year of emergent leave and travel leave days
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a welcoming, supportive and rewarding work environment and local community.
Saint Marys Catholic College is a Prep to Year 12 College offering families a co-educational pathway to life-long learning. Kingaroy is situated approximately 2 3/4 hours north-west of Brisbane in the centre of the picturesque South Burnett wine growing region. The College has been proudly serving the families of the South Burnett region since 1990, following the amalgamation of the St Marys Parish Primary and Secondary Schools. It has a current enrolment of approximately 515 students. The College has a master planned school campus environment along with a vision for education in a contemporary world.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: April 2019
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Until end of 2019 with the possibility of continuing
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Mrs Angela Myles
Contact Telephone Number: 07 4160 0900
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window