CfBT Education Services (part of Education Development Trust) are looking for Secondary English teachers to begin work in government schools in Brunei Darussalam from January 2022. CfBT have been working with the Brunei Darussalam government for over 30 years in support of the bilingual education policy. Our focus is to raise the proficiency and attainment levels of Bruneian students through high impact teaching and learning in classrooms, specialised national support and intervention programmes, and the continuous building of our own and local capacity across primary and secondary schools and sixth form colleges. There are over 96 Primary and 104 Secondary teachers on this programme with many teachers staying for a number of years.
Brunei Darussalam is a small, peaceful country on the island of Borneo in South East Asia. It is surrounded by pristine tropical jungle and beaches with temperatures around 27 - 30 degrees all year.
For more information about teaching and living in Brunei look at our Brunei site www.cfbt.org and some videos of living and working in Brunei https://youtu.be/TX1v1Z6qNx0 and https://www.cfbt.org/elt-video-interviews. Follow our facebook page ‘CfBT Education services’ and view the webpage of the parent organisation, Education Development Trust www.educationdevelopmenttrust.com where you can see the work we do around the world.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package for this role:
- A competitive tax free salary BND42,000 - 66,000 (£24k - £38K)
- Contract Completion Bonus of 1/6th of salary
- Low cost of living
- Generously-sized living accommodation
- Heavily subsidised support for dependants' schooling at an international school
- Genuine opportunities for continued professional development
To be eligible you must:
1) Hold a degree from a university in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, USA, South Africa
2) Hold Qualified Teacher Status/teacher accreditation (PGCE, Bed, DipT etc.) A TEFL cert with degree is not sufficient. US teachers must have valid state accreditation
3) Have a minimum 3 years relevant classroom teaching experience post qualification with experience of teaching Key stage 1 and/or Key stage 2
4) Be able to drive.
5) Be under 55 years old at the time of arrival in Brunei Darussalam
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and relevant child protection agencies
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- Criminal background check, References, Medical check
- Below 54 years of age
CfBT Education Services (B) Sdn Bhd
- English secondary schools